Call for applicants
【Organizer】Japan Clarinet Association
【Sponsors】 Buffet Crampon Japan Co., Ltd, Ishimori Instruments Special Co., Ltd., , Dolce Co., Ltd., Nice International, Nonaka Co., Ltd, The Clarinet Shop, Yamaha Music Japan Co., Ltd, Yamano Music Co., Ltd. (alphabetical order)
【Supporter】Musashino Academiae Musicae
【Cosponsors】Ongaku no tomo sha corp., Sugihara Shoten Co., INC., All Japan Band Association
Preliminary Selection submission deadline March 1st, 2021
Announcement of the result of preliminary selection April 1st, 2021
First round May 2nd and 3rd, 2021
Second round May 4th, 2021
Final round May 5th, 2021
Application opens Feb 1st, 2021 till March 1st, 2021
We sent receipt of your application by e-mail. Set your mail to receive mails from us (email@example.com).
【Venue of First round and thereafter】
Ekoda Campus, Musashino Academiae Musicae
1-13-1 Hazawa Nerimaku, Tokyo 176-8521
1. Preliminary round; prerecorded video is judged by juries of this competition. Not open for public. Around 100 participants will be selected and are invited to the first round.
2. All the performance is planned to open to public. Depend on the social situation of COVID-19 pandemic, it will be changed to closed judge or under limited audiences.
3. The order of performance is determined by organizing committee.
4. The performance can be stopped due to time schedules.
Rie Arima(Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra）
Kei Itoh（Principle of NHK Symphony Orchestra）
Junko Ohtani（Solo Clarinettist）
Yoshihide Kiryu（Former principle fagot of NHK Symphony Orchestra）
Soshi Nakadate（Vice principle of New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra）
Kazuko Ninomiya（President of Jacques Lancelot International Clarinet Competition）
Yukihiro Hibino（Professor of Clarinet and Music of Miyagi University of Education）
Alessandro Beverari（Principle Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra）
Masaharu Yamamoto（Chairperson of Japan Clarinet Association）
Any nationality, Any age are welcome
Preliminary round 5,000JPY
Non member of JCA：30,000 JPY
Member of JCA：20,000 JPY（effective membership upon Feb 1, 2021）
〈Can join JCA at application〉
Non-student：30,000 JPY(application 20,000 JPY Registration fee for JCA 2,000 Member fee for a year 8,000JPY）
Students：28,000 JPY（application 20,000 Registration fee for JCA 2,000JPY Member fee for a year 6,000JPY）
※You are required to register your bank account for automatic withdraw of member fee after F.Y.2021
※Once you are effective member of JCA, you can apply future competition and activities of JCA with member fee.
1）Application is available from our website (https://jp-clarinet.org/)
2）Acceptance letter is sent via e-mail when your application is completed. If you do not receive the letter, your application is not completed for some reason.
3) Video of applicant’s performance must be either uploaded to YouTube (unlisted) and send the URL or recorded DVD-R/Blu-ray can be sent to the committee.
4）Application is fully completed when your fee is payed. When the payment is not completed you lose your status.
5）No refund policy is applied to this competition.
6) Application fee can be paid through paypal (https://jp-clarinet.org/10conpaypal )
《First round and thereafter》
1）First round nominee must complete entry fee payment by April 9th.
2）Application is fully completed when your fee is payed.
3）When the payment is not completed by the designated date, you loose the rights to perform on the first round.
4）No refund policy is applied to this competition
Béla Kovács：Hommage à C.M. von Weber introduction, Thema, and Vari.II
Perform both the following ①and ②
① 30 Études dʼaprés J.-S. BACH(GÉRARD BILLAUDOT), Choose one piece from 16、18、19、20、22、27、29
※Use Bb soprano clarinet. Do not transpose when the music is written for Clarinet in A.
eg) Tone written C for Clarinet in A, play C in Bb clarinet. The real tune is not A but B♭
② Béla Kovács：Hommage à C.M. von Weber Introduction, Thema, and VariII
Perform both ① and ②
① Either following A or B
A:Robert Schumann：Fantasiestücke Op.73
B:Robert Schumann：3 Romanzen Op.94
② Akira Nishimura：Makara〜for clarinet〜(A commissioned piece for this competition）
Publisher：Zen-one Music Co., Ltd.
Price：1400JPY plus tax
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart：Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622
※Perform whole movements without music
・Only piano accompany is accepted to perform pieces with accompanies.
・The order music to perform in the first and second round can be decided by applicants.
・Any publisher is accepted except for Akira Nishimura’s piece.
【Conditions for applicants】
1. All the cost to attend the competition must be covered by applicants.
2. We sent the performing date for the first round around 15th April via e-mail.
3.All the applicants report themselves to registration desk on the designated date with certificate for attendance.
4. No changes of repatoirs after application is accepted.
5. Your delay in report can result in cancellation.
6. Report as soon as possible when you cancel the application.
7. Accompanied piano is set A=442Hz
8.Follow the prevention rule of JCA for COVID-19 infection.
1. Applicants must bring their accompany pianist by themselves.
2. When applicants change pianist, report to the committee.
1. All the finalists are awarded and certificate is given.
2. Among finalists, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize will be awarded. First prize：500,000JPY Second prize：300,000JPY Third prize：200,000JPY
※The highest prized awardee can perform at events organized by JCA.
1.Preliminary round results are announced on our website.
2. First and Second round results are announced on our website.
3. The final results are announced at the stage after the performance, however, it is subjected to change according to social situation.
Japan Clarinet Association
3F Yack bldg., 4-6-13 Yayoicho Nakanoku, Tokyo 164-0013
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org