Call for applicants
【Organizer】Japan Clarinet Association
【Sponsors】 Dolce Co., Ltd., Nonaka Co., Ltd, Buffet Crampon Japan Co., Ltd, Yamaha Music Japan Co., Ltd,
【Supporter】Musashino Academiae Musicae
First round Aug 17 to 20, 2020
Second round Aug 21, 2020
Final round Aug 23, 2020
●Application opens June 1, 2020 till July 1, 2020
We close application when applicants number reaches 160.
We sent receipt of your application by e-mail. Set your mail to receive mails from us (email@example.com).
Ekoda Campus, Musashino Academiae Musicae
1-13-1 Hazawa Nerimaku, Tokyo 176-8521
- Judging rule
1. We select finalist after first and second rounds.
2. All the performance is open to public.
3. The first round is judged by blinded fashion. Performer is behind the curtain.
4. The order of performance is determined by organizing committee.
5. The performance can be stopped due to time schedules.
Rie Arima(Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra）
Kei Itoh（Principle of NHK Symphony Orchestra）
Junko Ohtani（Solo Clarinettist）
Yoshihide Kiryu（Former principle fagot of NHK Symphony Orchestra）
Soshi Nakadate（Vice principle of New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra）
Kazuko Ninomiya（President of Jacques Lancelot International Clarinet Competition）
Hiroyuki Hibino（Professor of Clarinet and Music of Miyagi University of Education）
Alessandro Beverari（Principle Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra）
Masaharu Yamamoto（Chairman of the Japan Clarinet Association）
- Eligibility; Any nationality, Any age are welcome
- Entry fee
Non member of JCA：35,000 JPY
Member of JCA：28,000 JPY（effective membership upon June 1, 2020）
〈Can join JCA at application〉
Non-student：34,000 JPY(application 28,000 JPY Registration fee for JCA 2,000 Member fee for 6 months 4,000JPY）
Students：33,000 JPY（application 28,000 Registration fee for JCA 2,000JPY Member fee for 6 months3,000JPY）
※For Japanese residence or those who has Japanese Bank account, you are required to register your bank account for automatic withdraw of member fee after F.Y.2021 Those who are non-Japanese resident or do not have Japanese Bank account, you can pay member fee either by paypal or credit card. Upon your application for membership, the organizer will contact with you for details.
※One you are effective member of JCA, you can apply future competition of JCA with member fee.
《Application fee includes tickets for Clarinet Festival 2020 Tokyo》
1）Application is available from our website（https://jp-clarinet.org/entry )
2）Acceptance letter is sent via e-mail when your application is completed. If you do not receive the letter, your application is not completed for some reason.
3）Application is fully completed when your fee is payed.
4）No refund policy is applied to this competition.
5) Application fee can be paid through paypal (https://jp-clarinet.org/10conpaypal )
Perform both the following ①and ②
① 30 Études dʼaprés J.-S. BACH(GÉRARD BILLAUDOT), Choose one piece from 16.Presto、18.Double、19.Courante、20.Double、22.Double、27.Gigue、29.Prélude
※Use Bb soprano clarinet. Do not transpose when the music is written for Clarinet in A.
eg) Tone written C for Clarinet in A, play C in Bb clarinet. The real tune is not A but B♭
② Béla Kovács：Hommage à C.M. von Weber Introduction、Thema、VariII
Perform both ① and ②
① Either following A or B
A:Robert Schumann：Fantasiestücke Op.73
B:Robert Schumann：3 Romanzen Op.94
② Akira Nishimura：Makara〜for clarinet〜(A commissioned piece for this competition）
Publisher：Zen-one Music Co., Ltd.
Available from：Mar 15, 2020
Price：1400JPY plus tax
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart：Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622
※Perform whole movements without music
・Only piano accompany is accepted to perform pieces with accompanies.
・The order music to perform in the first and second round can be decided by applicants.
・Any publisher is accepted except for Akira Nishimura’s piece.
Conditions for applicants
1. All the cost to attend the competition must be covered by applicants.
2. We sent the performing date for the first round around 30 July via e-mail.
- All the applicants report themselves to registration desk on the designated date with certificate for attendance.
4. No changes of repatoirs after application is accepted.
5. Your delay in report can result in cancellation.
6. Report as soon as possible when you cancel the application.
7. Accompanied piano is set A=442Hz
- Accompany pianist
1. Applicants must bring their accompany pianist by themselves.
2. When applicants change pianist, report to the committee.
1. All the finalists are awarded and certificate is given.
2. Among finalists, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize will be awarded. First prize：500,000JPY Second prize：300,000JPY Third prize：200,000JPY
※The highest prized awardee can perform at events organized by JCA.
1. First and Second round results are announced after the round at the venue.
2. The final results are announced at the stage after the performance.
Japan Clarinet Association
3F Yack bldg., 4-6-13 Yayoicho Nakanoku, Tokyo 164-0013
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org